Challenge!

"Man proposes, but God disposes"

I was all geared up for the challenges thrown in, in July.

I'd organised myself with renewed zeal and excitement. The recipes were jotted down against each date with a list of things to be done - in the order needed to be done. The one thing that I achieved though through all this was that I got to enjoy good variety with my family, earn appreciation on the side and effortlessly get out of the rut that I had gotten into. My thanks to all those who inspired me.

This was supposed to have been my first post for an event.

Browsing thru, I came across A.W.E.D. and was overwhelmed by DK’s invitation to explore the delights of other cuisines. The simple Zen saying with which she started her blog touched something in me.

I also found that we adapt various cuisines into our own seamlessly. This diversity enriches our cuisine. I read the post at tastycurryleaf and was browsing through the recipes when I found one that I enjoyed very much here. Potatoes, milk and cheese seasoned to taste – a yummy combination. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as we have. Now, for the interesting part... Let's enjoy the Gratin!!!

My entry toAWED:Switzerland hosted by Sweatha; started by DK of ChefInYou.

Potato Gratin - a Swiss dish adapted to our taste.


Ingredients:

Potatoes ¼ Kg

Milk ½ cup

Salt & Pepper to taste

Green Chilli 1, chop finely

Cheese ½ cup, grated

Method:

Grease a deep baking dish with butter. Preheat oven to 180*C.

Wash, dry and slice potatoes. Mix grated cheese with chopped green chilli.

Arrange potato slices in the prepared dish in an overlapping manner.

Sprinkle salt & pepper over each layer. Spread cheese evenly on top.

Pour milk over it and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, till potatoes are cooked.

Sprinkle red chilli flakes (for flavour - optional) on top and serve hot.

P.S.

One single word for it – YUM! (even if I say so myself). The spice may be adjusted to taste.

Comments

Sweatha said…
Thanks for the dish and an entry.I will surely be adding this link to the roundup.Do send the pics if possible

Popular Posts