Sweet Coconut Sandwich




YUM, isn't it!!!

I have fond memories of my uncle buying us "Sweet Coconut Bun" from the bakery. I used to wait for my holidays to relish this simple and delightful snack.

When I got to know the filling recipe from my friend, I had to make this. I used ready made Pizza base (easiest option).

I relished this wonderful sandwich that transported me back in time.



Ingredients:

Pizza Base - 2

Butter - 3 Tbsp

Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup

Sugar - 1/4 cup

Cashew - 1/4 cup

Raisins - 1/4 cup

Tutty Fruity - 1/4 cup

Method:

Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a non-stick pan. Add grated coconut and saute for 3 minutes.

Add sugar and take off heat at once.

Warm cashews in the same pan for half a minute.

Mix Cashews along with Raisins and Tutty Fruity into the coconut mixture.



Quarter the Pizza Base. Slit carefully into two.

Heat a tava and warm the buttered Pizza Base on both sides.

Stuff with coconut filling. Return to tava once again to warm the sandwich.

Serve at once.


Grilling Method:

Stuff the pizza quarters with coconut filling. Brush tops with butter and place in a hot grill.

Grill for 3 minutes.

Serve Warm.

Comments

Priya Sreeram said…
the recipe is awesome ---just loved it, bookmarked :)
Nithya said…
This is interesting :) looks yummy too :)

Popular Posts