Jam n Cheese Sandwich

Jam -n- Cheese combo? Weird. Isn't it?
Curiosity got the better of me and I tried it. I was hooked right from my first bite into this odd combination. Now, it is my favourite combo. I have tempted and coerced many into trying this novel toasted sandwich. And...
Each and everyone has enjoyed it. Sri Valli's post on Indian Street Food reminded me of this favourite indulgence.


This morning I made this for breakfast. I did not have cheese slice, so grated some Pizza cheese. Make sure that the cheese and jam are centered on the bread slice. This makes sure that it does not ooze out.
Polishing off the last bite my son had a huge grin on his face as he said "This is really nice Ma".

Ingredients:

Bread Slices - 4
Butter - 1 to 2 tsp  
Cheese Slice - 2
Mixed Fruit Jam - 2 to 3 tsp












Method:
Butter the bread slices.
Spread jam on one slice.
Fold the cheese slice and place in the centre of the bread OR Grate cheese onto jam, making sure it is in the centre. Leave edges clear.


Cover with the other slice of buttered bread.
Place on hot sandwich maker. Brush the top with butter.


Toast until golden and serve.


Word of Caution - The jam and cheese will retain heat for a long time. PLEASE wait a minute before biting in.

Sending this to Sri Valli's Kid's delight

Comments

Devi said…
Hi Athai... yummy recipe!.. looks very tasty!!
revathi said…
What a lovely combination... superb... I bet it was tasty..
Reva
Satya said…
That sure is comforting morning breakfast
Beautiful combination :)
the saltness of cheese and sweetness of jam is such a good combination :) a must try :)
Devi said…
Athai, I tried the jam n cheese sandwich.. yummmmy!.. I enjoyed it so much!
Now Serving said…
Lovely lunch box idea -- My kids will LOVE this
Srivalli said…
sure brings back childhood memories..thanks for sending it for the event meena..

Popular Posts