Hakka Noodles.....

I am so thrilled to see comments to my posts. It really keeps me going. I'm sure that its the same for everybody. I would like to thank you all for the encouragement - it makes me feel cherished. It is even more special when the person who has taught me to turn out treats appreciates me.

Hakka Noodles is one easy to prepare dish that has become comfort food. I like it with just a dash of green chilli sauce. I generally do not add Onion, Garlic and MSG. Believe me,  it is tasty.


Ingredients:
Noodles - 200 grams
Salt Oil - 1/2 tsp
Water - 2 litres

Cabbage - 1/2 cup, shredded
Carrots - 1
Beans - 7 - 10 pieces
Capsicum - 1/2
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Salt & Pepper to taste
Green Chilli Sauce - 1 dash
Ginger - 1/2"

Method:
Bring water to a rolling boil in a deep pan. Add salt and water. Drop in the noodles - make sure it is well immersed inside. Switch off the stove and keep covered for a minute. Drain. Then rinse in cold water and drain well once again. Spread on a plate to cool. Sprinkle 1 tsp oil over it and mix well.
Cut the vegetables into juliennes. Microwave carrots and beans for 1 - 2 minutes until cooked, but crisp and keep aside. Crush ginger and mix it with 3 Tbsp water and keep aside.
Heat oil in a shallow pan and stir fry all the vegetables with salt and pepper - over a high flame. Cook stirring continuously for 2 - 3 minutes. Add in the chilli sauce and mix well.
Add noodles and stir fry until well mixed. Now, let it sit in the pan for a minute until the bottom layer of the noodles crisps slightly.
Strain the ginger juice and sprinkle over the noodles. Mix well and serve hot.

This is a favourite packed lunch. Moist and tasty.

Comments

Ramya said…
i was planning to make the same for dinner tonight
Priya said…
Yumm, just drooling over that fabulous looking noodles..
Nithya said…
Love noodles a lot be it any combi. Yours looks so yummy :)
Santosh Bangar said…
glazy noddles sounds delicious
Priti said…
Yum ..love this any day
chitraj.hegde said…
This is looking very very tasty....even i prepared this hakka noodles last night with some more spice...will be posting soon....

Popular Posts