Apple - n - Date Cake


One more from the Australian Women's Weekly. Encouraged by the success of my previous attempt, I tried one that the book promised would be a moist cake; and it was! My darling Son, has shot all of the more recent fabulous pictures we enjoy on this blog. HE was tired of my Ring-Cake pan that I prefer for all practical purposes; so a square dish, it had to be (I need my photographer to be happy!!!).
We enjoyed this fruit cake, and I am sure you will too. Merry Christmas!


Ingredients:
Dates - 1 cup, chopped
Apples - 2, chopped fine
Soda - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Butter - 180 grams
Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Maida - 2 cups

Instructions:
Bring the water to a boil. Take off heat. Add chopped dates, apples and soda. Cover and set aside to cool.
Pre-heat oven to 180* C. Grease and line a 8" square tin with greaseproof paper. Grease the paper too.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg and whip until well blended.
Fold in sifted maida and fruit mixture.
Transfer into the prepared tin.
Reduce temperature to 160*C and bake for about 1hour and 15 minutes.
Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning it out on a rack to cool - before slicing the cake.


Serve Warm (15 seconds in a microwave)

Comments

Priya said…
Cake looks fabulous and delicious.
Torviewtoronto said…
cake looks wonderful deliciously done

Popular Posts