Zucchini Bites

A quick snack to banish the 'blues' and the bloggers block. I simply cannot understand why this happens and whenever I am on a spree of publishing posts. I keep my fingers crossed so that I can post consistently. I felt bad at missing Muffin Monday. Today I told myself that this post has to come up.

I came across this recipe while surfing along for 'Pizza Bites' quite some time back. I liked the way she had used a vegetable for the base. Brinjal (seedless variety) too would lend itself to the recipe - Mullu Kathirikkai. 

Very Very Tasty...
It was gone in a flash. Next time I will thicken the sauce a bit; and also add some breadcrumbs along with the cheese for a crisp top.

Zucchini Bites

Ingredients:
Zucchini - 1, medium
Cheese - 1/4 cup
Tomato Ketchup* - 4 Tbsp
Italian Herbs - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 2 Tbsp, chopped
Capsicum - 2 Tbsp, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Instructions:
Wash and dry the Zucchini. Slice on the diagonal to get bigger pieces.
Mix the herbs and seasoning into the sauce along with the vegetables.


Place the Zucchini discs on a greased tray. Top with the prepared sauce and cheese. Pat down the cheese lightly. Spray olive oil on the tops (1 drop in the middle of each also would do).


Grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts and sets.


Serve hot and top it with a glass of Iced tea!

Note:
*To thicken the tomato ketchup -
  1. Simmer the ketchup in a pan until most of the water has evaporated. Cool and use.
  2. If preferred, saute the vegetables in olive oil. Add sauce to the vegetables and simmer till it thickens. Mix in herbs and seasoning. Cool and then use.

Comments

R said…
such a healthy alternative to bread! yumm...
radha said…
Looks good for a snack anytime.
Priya said…
Excellent starter too..

Popular Posts