Apple Crisp

 Mmm...
We were gifted some apples, and I told Amma that I want to make Apple Preserve. When I chanced upon Chinamyie's recipe, I thought it would make a lovely snack/breakfast and wanted to try it. After a late night (Monday happens to be my day off) I simply could not focus and went on to make Uthappams (Quick and Easy).
In the evening, I made this for my son as an after school (college) snack - with some warm custard; that was washed down with pomegranate juice. I was anxious for a comment and there came none. No news is good news (He is my biggest critic).
I sat down to polish off the portion that I had kept aside to snap. Yummy. It pays to have the crusts of your loaf safely in the fridge for something special!!!

Ingredients:
Apple - 1
Raisins - 10 (optional)
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Demerara Sugar - 1 tsp
Cinnamon Pd - 1/4 tsp

Butter - 2 tsp
Demerara Sugar - 1 tsp
Bread - 2 slices
Almonds - 7 pieces

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees*. (See Note)
Peel, core and chop the Apple into small pieces.
Mix chopped apple with raisins, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
Take a shallow baking dish and spread this in a thin (single) layer.
Blend the bread slices with almonds, butter and sugar.
Spread over the fruit mixture evenly and bake until the top is golden brown (10 to 15 minutes).

Waiting for the next post with Leftovers from Chinmayie

Note:
I have a small table-top toaster oven. No temperature guides etc. I used that one to make this. So I just switched it on until the elements were nice and red and then put the dish in. It browned too quickly. I covered the top with an Aluminium foil and baked for 10 minutes.

Comments

Priya said…
Fantastic bake,beautifully done.
Torviewtoronto said…
this is wonderfully done

Popular Posts