Chutney Idli


I do tend to take long breaks and disappear. My resolution in December was to break it in 2013! I have missed a couple of Eggless Baking posts and other lovely events. 

As I was looking through the "Events and Roundups" page, this one caught my eye. I have sent in a menu for an event at Rak's Kitchen and I could not resist 'Tried and Tested' this month as Raji's 'Rak's Kitchen' is a wonderful space with lovely, and simple recipes. I was totally intrigued by this simple recipe and decided to post it without much ado. We thoroughly enjoyed this preparation.

Coconut chutney is ground with a little milk in hotels, for colour and also for the taste. 

Ingredients:
Mini Idli - 30 to 40 pieces (or you could cut the Idli into 4 pieces)
Coconut Chutney - 1/4 cup (ground with a little milk) 
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Small Onions - 8 to 10, sliced thin

Instructions:
Heat a Tablespoon of oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
Add in finely slice small onions and saute for 2 minutes.
Now, mix in the chutney and saute for a minute.
Add half a cup of water and bring to a boil.
Toss in the Mini Idli, stir gently and simmer for 2 minutes.

Sending it to "Tried & Tasted" event at Sowmya's blog - Nivedhanam, an event started by Lakshmi Venkatesh - Kitchen Chronicles.

Comments

Wow so delicious!!! very nicely done!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

Popular Posts