French Beans Poriyal - stir fried Gourmet Beans with Dhania Powder

There were a few packets of vegetables hiding in a lower shelf of organic produce at my local supermarket. I find some wonderful produce. The organic cucumbers are good; and I like the baby cabbages that are sold there. To my wonder, yesterday I found some tender, thin, fresh and crisp Beans - gourmet string-less variety of baby Beans that get cooked in a jiffy. 
These are a great addition to Salads, but the recipe that I had in mind as I packet it into my cart was a simple one with a light seasoning of Dhania powder (Corriander powder); Indian!
 If French Beans are not available, pick the thinner, tender Bush Beans for this recipe. I am now able to appreciate the difference in taste between the 2 major varieties available. 

Ingredients:
French Beans - 200 grams
Green Chillies - 2 to 3, slit
Oil - 2 teaspoon
Jeera (Cumin seeds) - 1/4 teaspoon
Dhania Powder - 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaf - 1 sprig (optional)

Instructions:
Trim the Beans. Wash and snap/chop into 2 inch lengths.
Heat oil in a Kadai and splutter jeera and curry leaves. Add green chillies and stir through.
Add the beans and saute on a high flame for 2 minutes.
Lower flame, cover and cook for a minute.
Add dhania powder and saute. 
Cover and cook for another minute or two until the flavours have been absorbed.
Beans Poriyal is ready to serve.
Sample Menu - Rice and Maa Vathal (Sundried Mangoes) Kuzhambu with this Poriyal.

Have some leftover? 
Try this Salad!

Comments

Wer SAHM said…
simply delicious stir fry....

Popular Posts