Soya Matar Sabji

Aloo Mutter is my favourite. Easy to prepare and fuss free. I was looking for something along similar lines for lunch (around 11:00 pm yesterday) that will also please everyone's palate; and with the ingredients at home. We generally have frozen Peas for these 'emergencies' that crop in. I also had some of these tiny Soya nuggets (size of a Green Pea) from Coimbatore.
These are the factors that influenced me into making this Sabji. What tipped the scale further in its favour was the colour of the picture posted. Mine turned out different, but was tasty (even if I say so myself).
Do not be put off by the long list of ingredients. Group them into small cups according to the steps mentioned. Easy?

Ingredients:
Soya Nuggets - 1/2 cup
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 tablespoon
Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Green Chilli - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic - 1/2 teaspoon
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Tomato - 2, finely chopped or grated
Turmerric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Corriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Curds - 1/4 cup
Besan (Gram Flour) - 2 teaspoon
Milk - 2 tablespoon
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Salt to taste

Instructions:
Soak the Soya Nuggets in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Heat oil and splutter jeera. Add asafoetida, chilli, ginger, garlic and onions. Saute till translucent.
Add tomatoes, chilli powder, turmerric powder and corriander powder. Simmer cook until pulpy.
Mix besan (gram flour), curds and milk. Add into simmering gravy.
Add about half cup of water and continue cooking.
Add peas and Soya nuggets (without the water). Simmer for 5 minutes.
Check taste and add sugar if you wish.
Serve with Parathas / Puri

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Beautiful side dish for rotis, soya and matar my fav anytime.
Gauri said…
I like to disguise soya as much as possible, though I like it not too many aare fond of it. This looks really good!
Arthy Suman said…
rich and creamy sabji...
Kyra M. said…
I'd like to invite you to join the CookEatShare Author Network. I really enjoy your blog and I think the over 1 million unique montly visitors to CookEatShare.com will too.

By joining our Author Network, your blog posts will be indexed and users will be guided to your actual blog when searching your recipes or profile.

The service is free and easy to sign up for. Simply visit www.cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply or contact me at Kyra@cookeatshare.com. You'll get a unique link to claim and customize your profile. We look forward having you in our network!

Popular Posts