#OPOS Carrot Halwa

I have posted about Carrot Halwa earlier. This is the OPOS version from UBF.
I'm sure that you all know what I'm talking about when I say OPOS. Please click this link to know more.
I'm here at Philadelphia with my son. And every time I cook, he like "Amma, this is cheating".
I'm so happy that I can show first hand how it is to OPOS. It's a simple and easy technique, which ensures fresh food in jiffy every day.
Ingredients:
Grated Carrots - 2.5 cups (packed lightly)
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk powder / Mava powder - 1/4 cup
Elaichi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 2 tablespoons
Nuts - 1 tablespoon, chopped and fried in a little ghee.

Instructions:
Measure carrots in a bowl and mix in sugar, milk powder and elaichi powder.
Take ghee in a 2 litre pressure cooker.
Top with carrot mixture.
Pressure cook on high for 10 whistles or 8 minutes.
Release pressure and mix in fried nuts.
Stir fry for a few minutes if watery.

Comments

Popular Posts